Adding a newline to an Array

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Nov 16 17:40:59 UTC 2003

you can do

ar := Array new: 3
ar at: 1 put: $a.
ar at: 3 put: Character lf.

ou bien

{$a . $b . Character lf}

have fun read a bit the free books around :) Online Free Books at
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/WebPages/FreeBooks.html

On Dimanche, nov 16, 2003, at 18:14 Europe/Zurich, Danie Roux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Bit green to Smalltalk and having trouble with putting a newline
> character in an array:
>
> #($a $b $c) "would give me an array with the three characters a, b and
> in it."
>
> lf := Character lf. " Would give me the lf character "
>
> Now how do I put lf in an array?
>
> #($a $b #lf) " Doesn't seem to work?"
>
> --
> Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix

Prof. Dr. Stephane DUCASSE  	[ | ]
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
  "if you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you
  do different? ...  especially if,  by doing something different,
  today might not be your last day on earth" Calvin&Hobbes

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html