Adding information in CompiledMethod

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Nov 16 22:24:37 UTC 2003

> I would like toknow if this is easy/backward compatible to add an
> instance variable to CompiledMethod?

Why not use a registry? Such as Object>>dependents. The MethodAnnotations
package does precisely that for associating the annotations with the
methods. Alternatively, check out some of my older posts - there was a
discussion (with Craig and Squat involved) where I described a scheme in
which you could replace the "filePointer" encoded in the CMs with something
like a "method home" instead. Which would likely give you what you need.

Cheers,
  - Andreas