How to setup "Open with" Squeak for images (jpeg etc)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Nov 17 00:33:52 UTC 2003

Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> Bert,
>
> Thanks again for your suggestion - we now have a way to open graphics from OS
> File Manager into squeak! The script worked on the first try (I added . at
> the last line).

Glad it worked. Note that on most platforms you can just drag'n'drop
images into the Squeak window. Unfortunately, for X11 nobody has
implemented that, yet.

> There is something that is likely a Squak bug or feature: Basically, the only
> way for the script to be "sourced" by squeak is if I put it to my
> $HOME/dev/smalltalk directory (I have the image and source there) WITHOUT
> specifying the full-path-to-script. Any other combination (attempt to specify
> path or put the script in another directory) fails.

I hadn't acually tested this on Linux ;-)

I think there is or was a bug in the handling of the script path, which
is somewhat complicated. You could try giving it a "file:" URL instead.

--
    Bert