Putting squeak in business.

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 17 03:25:56 UTC 2003

Alan Grimes <alangrimes at starpower.net> wrote:

> > Don't. Unless you have some constraints you haven't told us, use a
> > minimal Linux-Kernel and have Squeak sit on top of it.
>
> <retch>
Well I'm no great fan of the overall GNU/linux experience but the kernel
is pretty reasonable as a base to build upon. Nobody says you have to
use anything but the basics of being able to handle processes, memory
and starting up programs. Oh, and the tcp/ip stack would save a bunch of
problems.

>  (I'm not going into the appliance business...)
OK but what business _Are_ you going in to? It makes a big difference to
the advice you might need.

tim
I smell a wumpus.