Babel: next steps?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Nov 17 14:33:47 UTC 2003

<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:
> Hi Göran...
>
>    "...forever is a long time..."
>
> This sounds good *BUT* SM2 is not yet available. We're talking about SM2
> for some time but it's not released yet.

I know, but I am releaseing the beta in a day or two. Maybe even
tonight.

The master server beta is already up at: htp://anakin.bluefish.se/sm

...but I haven't told anyone yet since I wanted to get the Package
Loader working correctly first, which I did last night. Oops, now I told
people. :) Well, you can of course login etc, but I will ANN it later
when I have submitted Package Loader2. :) Haven't tested registering a
new account yet btw, but the rest seems to work.

> On the other side: Who is/are in charge of the full image/s?

Ehum? The Guides are in charge of what we call the "Basic" and the
"Full" image. And to begin with I guess we could put the translations
into Full (they don't take much place I guess). But I really intend for
SM2 to be deployed for the 3.7 release. In fact, I intend to have it
running within TFNR (which was set to about 3-4 weeks).

SM2 is though enabling other distros like Small-land since now so called
"static loadscripts" work (since we can refer to specific releases of
packages).

regards, Göran