[TFNR][REPORT]Where are we?!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Nov 17 15:05:32 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Here comes another status report. Well, even though it is kind of quiet
here on squeak-dev regarding TFNR things are moving forward a lot. Even
though the first three tasks aren't done today as I first planned -
great progress has been made and I think they will get finished during
this week.

No harm done, as long as we get to the finish line. :)

Task 1: Dangers of TFNR

I know this team is discussing and putting together a proposal regarding
the processes involved in all this. At the current time I don't know
more than that. More in the next report.

Task 2: Infrastructure

I and Avi have discussed and made a first sketch on a "deployment plan"
for the infrastructure needed. This includes putting an improved PI into
the update stream, proposing to move Monticello into "Base" (!) and to
deploy SM2.

Avi is listening for PI/Monticello requests so if there are any that you
think would be very good in the focus of TFNR, don't hesitate to talk to
Avi.

SM2 is going into beta AnyDayNow. :) Last night I got the last piece
working (Package Loader) and now I am mostly going through it to see
that I haven't missed anything. Also need to try it in the latest
3.7alpha and final3.6 to see that nothing weird happens.

Just so that you perhaps might believe me this time (cough), here is the
master beta server alive and kicking:
http://anakin.bluefish.se/sm

Task 3: Image inventory

I am pleased to say that if you take a look at the "whiteboard" that
this task uses at:
http://anakin.bluefish.se:8080 (login as "guest" with empty password)

You can see that 38% of the image has been staked out so far. This is
good progress, and I happen to know there is another batch just waiting
to get pushed in there. Adam, Ned and Brian are doing a great job and
Adam will probably kick off the first round of "find the maintainer!"
any day. We agreed that we can start those discussions here on
squeak-dev before the stake out is finished - so the Fun soon begins!

Well, that's it for now, will get back soon. Just want everybody to be
in the loop.

regards, Göran