Display craziness on Panther

Jim Menard jimm at io.com
Mon Nov 17 15:36:17 UTC 2003

I'm using John McIntosh's Squeak 3.6.1Beta3.app on my Mac OS X 10.3.1
system (with the Squeak3.6-5424-full.changes and .image files). This
version doesn't seem to crash, but I have different problems.

I start with a fresh image, set full screen on, and save the image and
quit. When I re-start Squeak, the entire display has jumped up a
centimeter or so. The tabs on the bottom are not at the bottom of the
screen and the top of the display is chopped off. If I turn off full
screen mode, the top of the Mac OS X window is hidden under the main
menu bar.

When I click the mouse, the click is registered a centimeter or so up.
Occasionally, I can see the mouse cursor jump up to where the clicks
are being registered. If I do manage to click somewhere, say in a
browser code edit pane, the text is redrawn improperly (the top
centimeter or so is garbled).

Any ideas? I can of course work without full-screen mode on as a
workaround.

Thanks for your help.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm at io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"I have found that humans often use Smalltalk during awkward moments."