[TFNR][REPORT]Where are we?!

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Nov 17 17:18:01 UTC 2003

Hi goran (avi)

I and Avi have discussed and made a first sketch on a "deployment plan"
> for the infrastructure needed. This includes putting an improved PI
> into
> the update stream, proposing to move Monticello into "Base" (!) and to
> deploy SM2.

I'm really interested into that.
By the way does SM2 have dependencies between SM2 packages.
Monticello should have the same dependencies between packages

> Avi is listening for PI/Monticello requests so if there are any that
> you
> think would be very good in the focus of TFNR, don't hesitate to talk
> Avi.

I discussed a lot with avi off list on related topics. I think that we
agree that
we need to fix also the fact that certain run-entities do not have
enough information.
So the natural follow up would be to go in the direction of
	- having a run-time package knowing its class and methods
	- having a run-time class knowing its package
	- having a run-time class knowing from which pakage it is  extended
	- a compiled method knowing its package (if its package is the same
than the one of its => no extension else extension)
	- having global variable declaration
	- having class declaration (different than subclass:.....)

This way we could still have the complete tools working on run-time
entities and not declarations
but still support the tools such monticello. This requires to fix some
tools to produce the right information.

Stef