Setting break points

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Nov 17 17:32:09 UTC 2003

On Monday 17 November 2003 8:50 am, ducasse wrote:
> I would love to have breakpoints in but I do not know the extra
> complexity

I have looked into this a bit.

Terry Raymond's (Crafted Smalltalk) excellent
Professional Debug Package for VisualWorks (now a part of their distribution)
provides this support.

There's a description of the technology here:
http://www.whysmalltalk.com/Smalltalk_Solutions/Raymond%20-%20Advanced%20Debugging%20for%20VW.pdf

Perhaps Terry could speak up here, but my guess is that even a quick implementation that could
give "break at caret" support would be really helpful.

Of course, doing the whole PDP debugger would be even nicer <g>...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com