Unicode support (File names was Re:Warning: Large Babeltranslation)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 17 18:55:52 UTC 2003

>   You can imagine to have an interface to libiconv, but that'll
> complicate the system architecture much more.  (I don't oppose to have
> an optional primitives for this purpose...)

That's my feeling as well. libiconv is probably a really good candidate for
a plugin and at this point, we will be able to flexibly deal with whatever
conversions are required. Hm.... might even go to UTF-32 then ... it means
all I need to do is to #define UNICODE and off you go ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas