Setting break points

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Nov 17 21:06:26 UTC 2003

On Nov 17, 2003, at 12:38 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Avi,
>
>> Rather than using MethodWrappers, perhaps we could be using the
>> more elegant ObjectsAsMethods package?
>
> Same difference ;-)

Not entirely - MethodWrappers is an extra package with some pretty ugly
code, ObjectsAsMethods seems to Just Work now that VM support is there.
  Also, ObjectsAsMethods has surprisingly little overhead - I measure
about 30-40% slower than a normal CompiledMethod, whereas I remember
MethodWrappers having much more than that.

But mostly I just wanted to remind people that ObjectsAsMethods was
there, cause I think it's pretty damn cool. :)

BTW, the counterpart I wanted was CompiledMethod>>run:with:in: ... IIRC
there was some prim introduced for the BC Compiler that would make that
easy?