[TFNR][REPORT]Where are we?!

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Nov 17 21:55:21 UTC 2003

On Nov 17, 2003, at 1:30 PM, ducasse wrote:

> On Lundi, nov 17, 2003, at 20:17 Europe/Zurich,
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
>>> So the natural follow up would be to go in the direction of
>>> 	- having a run-time package knowing its class and methods
>>
>> Eh, PIs do that, right?
>>

> No it queries the system organization this is different (ask avi if
> you chat with him).

Well, let me play devil's advocate here a bit.  PI defines a packaging
semantics where the package a particular class or method is in, is
defined by the system organization.  So, under the PI definition of
"package", Göran is correct.  Now, you may prefer a different semantics
for the package system (for example, so that you can have classes from
multiple packages within one system category), but that's a separate
issue.