2D graphics support in Squeak

Matej Kosik kosik at decef.elf.stuba.sk
Tue Nov 18 16:29:43 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 12:24:15AM -0500, Pravin A. Sable wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> 	I want to create 2D chess board with all pieces on it. I was told
> that, squeak has 2D pieces, chess board already. I will be grateful if
> somebody can tell me how to access them. If possible, I would like to
> create 3D chess board with each cell containing a piece and show, like
> 8X8X8. This is not to play chess but to show solution to 8 Queen problem
> in 3D. I am not sure whether it is possible or not.

Check for the `ChessMorph' class (I have it my Squeak3.4-5170.image).
I remember that I saw images which did not have this class.

It seems as if these classes did not have their package to load
through SqueakMap so, you probably should find some image where
those classes already are.

ChessMorph new openInWorld

> 	Also, I would like to know how to set the break points in squeak
> debugging.

Exactly in the same way as in other Smalltalks.
Some hints are also here:

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2131
--
Matej Kosik <http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/wiki/Kosik/Main>