[TFNR][REPORT]Where are we?!

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 19 08:27:42 UTC 2003

Hi goran

This morning I was asking myself a question (you know doing boring
exercise to try to get muscle
let your mind wandering ;)

will I be able to send to somebody a package alone? for example for my
book I cannot assume that
school have a net connection?

Once you mentioned that we will have a local copy of the map. But why
do we need that if we have all the
elements required? I like for example the idea behind parcel in VW.

Then I was thinking to you point to have separation between package and
configmaps.My impression
is that (1) I'm really curious to see how many package will have more
than one config (but I can live with
your idea (2) you will have to release and version configmap anyway so
the solution to have groups package and
config maps is that one package has several configmaps and that the
versioning of a configmap does not
produce a version of a package but the opposite yes. This way mulitple
persons can have multiple
config maps with different versions on the same package having the same
version. This is only when you release
a new version of the package that you change it.

Stef