squeak machines (was: Putting squeak in business.)

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Nov 19 17:17:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 13:38, mayureshkathe at softhome.net wrote:
> > Bruce ONeel <edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> > > As one of those lisp machine fanatics I sure wouldn't mind a
> >
> > Where on the web can I take a look at a lisp machine?
>
> Brian already gave you a good link, but I can't resist commenting that
> you can't download a "machine" over the internet. You have to either
> personally go somewhere where they have a working model or find a movie
> of one in action. Unfortunately, doing a search in the video part of
> Altavista didn't get me any results.

http://lemonodor.com/archives/000441.html

This is a demo put together by someone I correspond with pretty
frequently. I own a Symbolics machine myself, and keep it running as my
"Alto" as it were: to keep me inspired about what went right and what went
wrong about this kind of idea. The lessons I learn go into (or will go
into) Slate.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development