ProcessBrowser

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 19 23:44:25 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 3:13 pm, Michael Roberts wrote:
> Just two quick questions on the ProcessBrowser.
>
> Has anyone noticed that it is broken in 3.7?

Yes. I noticed this.
The block decompiler changes broke it.

I re-posted Leandro Caniglia's change set SyntaxErrorNotification that needs
to go along with the Decompiler fixes. Have you tried loading this?

> I can't get mine to work and
> I had a quick search of the list archives and BFAV to see if this had come
> up.  I might have missed someone mentioning this?

Felix Franz mentioned this on the 13th.

> Some how, the system window and its pluggable parts get a SyntaxError as
> the model.
>
> I am trying to find out why this happens, but I was wondering if the
> process browser is something that can be debugged normally?

It's a little bit tricky to do.

The problem is because the Process Browser runs at a lower priority level than
some of the Processes it's displaying. So when it gets around to looking at
their stacks, they're no longer valid.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com