BFA

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Nov 21 01:17:07 UTC 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 4:51 pm, Scott Wallace wrote:

> Or am I missing something obvious?  The code to make BFAV be
> prefix-friendly (i.e. ignore all characters in subject lines before
> the first "[") could be written by any reader of this list in five
> minutes.  What's the downside?

Actually, it's not the BFAV's fault; it's the SQFIXES mailaction that records
the traffic from the list.

Originally, it just was collecting the heads of threads (original postings of
BUG, FIX, ANN, etc.).

When the BFAV was created, the decision was made to use the SQFIXES archive as
a source, and so the BFAV is careful not to prepend anything before the first
"[" in the subject.