deficience in Squeak

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sat Nov 22 11:14:18 UTC 2003

Peter van Rooijen wrote:

[..]

> This is not the issue. I love spell-check. Spell-check is great. I
> would turn it on if it wasn't the default.
>
> What I don't like is the intrusiveness. Popping up a menu, which
> can't even be operated with the keyboard, forcing you to reach for
> the mouse and click something before you can continue.

The keyboard control for menus can be enabled. Search for
menuKeyboardControl in Prefrences. I always turn this on because I'm much
faster like this. I don't see why it is turned off by default... I'd love to
have more keyboard control, by the way. E.g., in the browser it would be
nice to be able to change the focus from category<->classes<->method
categories<->methods with the keyboard.

Cheers,
Adrian