Focus-follows-mouse and pass-window-activation-click

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 22 16:52:12 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot <cg at tric.nl> wrote:

> Thanks for the snippets. Why do you think that passing the click on
> stinks? Just curious, not argumentative...
Possibility of triggering something you didn't intend? Depends on what
you are used to.

Personally I find it annoying that windows need to be at the top to be
active. Decades of using RISC OS have got me thoroughly used to being
able to interact with a window that can be in the middle of a big stack
without having to bring it to the front. Any part of it I can see, I can
handle.

tim
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.