using RegularExpressions for matching (was Re: deficience in Squeak)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Nov 22 20:11:47 UTC 2003

On Nov 22, 2003, at 11:57 AM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
>

>> If you load the "Regular Expression Plugin" package from SqueakMap,
>> then you will
>> be able to use full Perl regular expressions.
> I'd say it's about time to strongly consider putting this code in the
> basic release. The plugin is part of the VMMaker package (has been for
> ages) and seems to be ok for all common platforms. It's simply to
> useful a facility to leave out.

Surely you mean the "Full" release?  I thought we were supposed to be
taking things *out* of the "Basic" release.

I've never actually had a need for the regex code, but I personally
think that the current state of affairs is right - have the plugin
bundled so that anyone can just load the package from SM if they need
it.