deficience in Squeak

Peter van Rooijen peter at vanrooijen.com
Sun Nov 23 10:17:07 UTC 2003

From: "Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu>
> "Peter van Rooijen" <peter at vanrooijen.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for telling me this. I wish there was a button on the
preferences
> > viewer that opens a window with a simple text documenting all the
> > preferences. It must be me, but I am simply generally unable to infer
what
> > they do from their name.
> >

> Mouse over them and help text pops up.

What do you mean?

I know that there is pop-up help. How does that help me to read the list of
available preferences to see which ones I might want to use/change? It only
helps if I accept working at a snail's pace, and also either have a memory
like an elephant, or make notes of all the descriptions to be able to look
at all of them together.

I don't see any reason why it has to be so labor-intensive and time
consuming to find out about and manipulate the preferences. This is the
issue. Not whether or not whether the information can be accessed given
enough time and effort.

Maybe there is a preference I have overlooked called
useBrowserViewForPreferences ;-)?

Regards,

Peter