The really official call for reviewers

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Nov 24 21:06:05 UTC 2003

> Is this something I can help with or are you directing your call to
> more experienced squeakers only? I'm finally getting started with the
> BFAV and am interested to know where I can help best.

There is really lots of stuff that even not-yet experts could do. e.g.
lots of the
stuff that shows up in the BFAV does not need to be reviewed or is in a
state
that makes a review impossible. It would be nice to have people helping
with
that.

e.g.

Problem: some posts are not in the correct format (gzip-compressed
changesets, MIME-encoded).
Solution: get this code into squeak, make a changet, add a nice
preamble with all needed information,
                  then use the "mail to list" feature of the
changesorter.

Problem: The changeset is not for the image, but some other project
that lives on SqueakMap.
Solution:  Mail it to the maintainer, ask him if it's ok to close the
thread on SQFIXES.

Problem: There's a lot of older stuff. (My BFAV shows 2003 complete).
Is the Bug allready fixed
                   in the current 3.7a?
Solution: Just try to reproduce the bug, apply the fix. Does it work?
Tell us.

and so on...

        Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de