The really official call for reviewers

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Nov 24 21:49:08 UTC 2003

Am 24.11.2003 um 22:06 schrieb Marcus Denker:

> e.g.
>
> Problem: some posts are not in the correct format (gzip-compressed
> changesets, MIME-encoded).
> Solution: get this code into squeak, make a changet, add a nice
> preamble with all needed information,
>                  then use the "mail to list" feature of the
> changesorter.

> and so on...

Maybe some other remarks....

Problem:     You submitted a totally obvious, simple and nice fix. But
nothing happend.

Comment:   Your changeset has *not* been rejected.
                       If there's no [approve] or [closed] nobody looked
at the submission. That's it.
                       Happens a lot. You could call this "the normal
case".

Solution:      Just post a followup (a comment using BFAV) on your own
fix/enh after some time.
		   (3 Month, maybe 2).
                        BFAV will group them nicely. So this does not
have any negative effects. Consider
		    to add value with your post. E.g "this is a really simple fix. I
just looked at 3.7a6473
                        and the bug has not been  fixed. The fix does
does not conflict with any updates".
                       Or: "Here's a simple way to reproduce the bug" or
even better: "I added a second
                       changeset with some simple Sunit tests".

Another thing that would be nice: If you are a Maintainer of something
(e.g. a package on SqueakMap),
please consider to have a look at the BFAV and [close] all the stuff
that you allready fixed...

If you once submitted a fix to the List, and the problem got solved
some other way: Same thing. Just
send a mail and tell it. This will save a harvester a lot of time...

        Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de