Problem with SqueakMap

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 25 15:09:28 UTC 2003

"Frank Shearar" <frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Seeing as my pain's ended, I'm not too worried either :) I was just
> curious. Seeing as I am still deep in newbieland I thought I'd take
> the opportunity to ask about something that seemed odd to me.

Yes, questions are good. :-)

In SM2 I have opted for a much "simpler" approach (instead of the
Prevayler-ish incremental thingy SM1 has) using ImageSegments. It will
mean that updating the map takes more bandwidth (approx 200kb each time
with current map size, though it will grow) but it is much more stable.

I will probably stick to this simple model for a while, because it
really makes evolving the SM2 domain model much easier. Then, later I
want to move to another model - but it is still sketchy.

> frank

regards, Göran