[TFNR] Looking for maintainers!

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Tue Nov 25 16:29:44 UTC 2003

> > Volunteers?
>
> I want to postulate myself to be the maintainer (or one of
> the maintainers)
> of eToys and to be the "assembler" (or one of the assemblers)
> of the Full-
> Image.

Fantastic!  I think that you are a great candidate for both positions.

> [ eToys goals snipped ]

I really like your goals.  They give you plenty to do, but are
achievable, and would be a huge benefit.

> MediaSqueak (aka Full-Image):
>
> For the Full-Image the goal is to make this distribution
> the "MediaSqueak".  The full image has to include all the media stuff
> available in SM (Connectors, More graphics files support,
> Video Processing,
> TTF, etc).

IMO, one of the things that makes Squeak better and different is the fun
multimedia stuff in an integrated environment.  So making the "Full"
image have a "MediaSqueak" focus sounds great to me.  One thing that you
could do in that role is coordinate polishing/improving the various
multimedia tools - for example, try to get the music/sound tools as
polished as the paint tool.

> Also the full image has to include all the
> languages available
> for Babel and some good initial look&feel.
>
> Since SqC moves away we're working to have less in the image
> I think we
> need somebody that can take care of giving more in the full-image.

This really encourages me, Diego.  I think that the work done by  the
"Full" image maintainer (or group of maintainers) is critical to Squeak.