[BUG] Scrolling in MVC

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Wed Nov 26 16:20:16 UTC 2003

This bug report is for Squeak 3.7alfa, latest update: #5566.
(used on windows 98)

We have a new bug in MVC. To see it, try this (in an MVC project):
Open a file list and select a text file.
Place the cursor into the text view (at the beginning of the text)
and scroll down with the down arrow.
When you reach the end of the text, you will get a notifier
with the message as soon as you release the 'arrow down' key:

MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>first

This comes from
ParagraphEditor>>sameColumn:newLine:forward:,

but that method was not recently changed. The caller
of that method was recently changed, it is:

ParagraphEditor>>cursorDown:

Currently I do not have a fix for this, but I will try to
find a solution.

(The bug works in all PluggableTextViews. You can
see it also in a Workspace and in a Browser.)