[VM] non-MacRoman file names

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Nov 27 04:57:47 UTC 2003

Yes and technically even if the file name is 255 you *could* from what
I understand need 765 bytes when you convert to UTF8 (heh?)
Then let's have more fun and introduce unicode names which have 0 byte
highwords and invoke a strcpy() somewhere in the ancient
bowels of the squeak file system.

Yes, time for bed.

On Nov 26, 2003, at 7:35 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> "Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
>
>> So the longest file name you can *pass* isn't necessarily the same
>> as the longest file name you can *use*, and the latter needn't have
>> any fixed bound.
> waaah. My head hurts. Who thought up this crazy system?
>
> tim
> --
> As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.  -
> Weisert

===