[BUG] Wonderland broken in 3.6?

Alain Hoang hoanga at mac.com
Sat Nov 29 17:34:36 UTC 2003

Hi there,

	I've been having some problems trying to use Wonderland using
Squeak 3.6-5424 full image.    I asked Diego about the problem on
IRC and he recommended I post this onto the email list.

Description of Problem:
I can open up a Wonderland just fine from either the Workspace or using
open...  from the popup Menu.  However when I try to draw something I
get
a walkback  when I release the mouse button and it's supposed to start
the drawing.
A snapshot of the walkback is available at this URL:
http://samsara.bebear.net/~al/images/WonderlandWalkback.gif

Possible Symptons:
  I looked at the walkback and it seems that it fails around
WonderlandCameraMorph>>createPoohActor.
After poking a little more it seems that the method constraintOutline:
which
PoohSubdivision inherited from Subdivision was changed compared to
a version of Wonderland that I know is working.  (Compared to
SqueakNihongo4a.image).

Platforms Tested:
OS                   Image                               VM
                    RESULT
Mac OS X       Squeak-3.6-5424-full   Squeak3.6.1.Beta3    Walkback
Windows         Squeak-3.6-5424-ful   Squeak3.6.2 VM         Walkback
Mac OS X       SqueakNihongo4a       Squeak3.6.1.Beta3    Okay

Miscellaneous:
It seems that a post by Barry Gaunt on October 10, 2003 was
also made about this but there didn't seem to be any replies.
It also seems sort of odd to have Wonderland listed in the
open menu of the Popup Menu if it doesn't work properly.

Best regards,
Alain Hoang