using RegularExpressions for matching (was Re: deficience in Squeak)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Nov 30 21:46:07 UTC 2003

On Nov 30, 2003, at 8:07 AM, Mark A. Schwenk wrote:

> Vassili Bykov has also released a native Smalltalk regular expression
> package. The latest version is probably available from the Cincom
> Public
> Store Repository. Here's the license from the 1.1 version which is
> available at http://www.magma.ca/~vassili/Regex/:

I just put a quick port of this on SqueakMap:

http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/c32158f2-ab2c-49c4-8451-
d920dcf1023c

Mark, do you know if what's in Store is much different from the 1.1
release?

FWIW, I vote that if we're going to have the core depend on a regex
package, it should be one of the Smalltalk ones - either Vassili's or
the one from SmaCC.

Avi