Discrete event/agent based simulation

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 21:47:52 UTC 2003

David T. Lewis writes:
 > On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:24:52PM -0700, Simon Frost wrote:
 > > Dear Squeak list,
 > >
 > > I'm new to Squeak/SmallTalk, and I've found the best way (for me) to learn
 > > about an OO language is to implement a discrete event simulation. I've been
 > > looking for resources in this vein, and I wonder whether anyone has any
 > > other pointers.
 >
 > You will want to get a copy of this book:
 >   Smalltalk-80, The Language and its Implementation
 >   Adele Goldberg and David Robson
 >   Addison Wesley, 1983
 >   ISBN 0-201-11371-6

"Smalltalk-80, The Language" has the event simulation, it is the same
book as above but without the virtual machine chapters which are
available on the web. The advantage is "Smalltalk-80, The Language"
ship's from amazon in 4-8 days. Same book, different edition and
colour, purple rather than blue.

The extra chapters are available here:

http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/bluebook/bluebook_imp_toc.html

Bryce