[FIX] findStringFix

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Oct 2 08:03:12 UTC 2003

This fix is unfortunately very late (3.6 release is tomorrow!) so I am
not sure how we should handle it. The #findString-methods are used by SM
and they contained a frightening "buffer boundary"-bug which in theory
could lead to freakish results...

regards, Göran

from preamble:

"Change Set:		findStringFix
Date:			2 October 2003
Author:			Göran Krampe

Lex Spoon (thanks) fixed these two methods (added for SqueakMap
originally) in two regards:

- Now works even if the standard file stream is a CrLfFileStream (this
is an interesting aspect - using #position: isn't ).

- (Cough, cough) Fixed a silly bug making it actually *work* properly
(string to find crosses buffer boundary)

AFAIK only SqueakMap uses these methods (no other users in the image at
least)."!