[FIX][KCP] KCP-0102-extractVMFromSystDict ( [er] )

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Thu Oct 2 16:37:28 UTC 2003

Stay with the global Squeak! It is even better than Smalltalk. What is
'Squeak' if not the image with which you are right now working? More
people will intuitively understand what is meant, 'SmalltalkImage
current' is confusing. There will be questions like: Is Smalltalk =
Squeak?? Or: The current image is in the memory: Do I have direct
access to that memory??

And if you do not like SmalltalkImage, well why not call it System?
That name would be better suited for a class with broad administrative
responsibility ( if I understand you correctly that you want to put
more methods into it - which I would prefer :-).

Last but not least: Keep it simple. Small things accumulate to big
things. We want to have elegance - not a second VisualWorks.

Regards
Martin