Squeak Weblog Server - The Challenge

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Thu Oct 2 22:16:21 UTC 2003

Jim Benson wrote:

> So, I'd like some feedback on what people think of this idea. On Monster
> Garage, the team usually consists of a couple of experts in a particular
> field, the rest are usually very skilled 'jack of all trades'. In the weblog
> server, there is an HTTP part, a data store part, and a XML-RPC part. Also,
> note that this is group developed, so there's the opportunity to introduce
> things like Monticello and XP/Agile programming. In general, the challenge
> should have as few rules as possible. However, you should also know that the
> goal is to help people grok Squeak in the context of the application, not
> build something that can withstand a thermo-nuclear blast. Not necessarily
> contrary goals, but elegance and straightforwardness are easy to explain and
> teach.
>
> If this is something that people are interested in participating in, I'd
> like to hear about it and some details as to what you think an appropriate
> time frame for the challenge would be.
>
> Jim Benson

This sounds like a great project for the Squeak Community. I'd like to
join in, but would prefer the project be done in the middle of the
month, not at the beginning nor end.

And if you'd rather change the project to being a shared web calendar, I
wouldn't object! (Well, maybe I would, since Squeaking and Objecting
must be very closely related!) ;-)

-Mark