BFAV Considered Harmful For Old Bug Reports

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Thu Oct 2 23:57:33 UTC 2003

> I totally agree with you that *if it is possible* we should
> examine every
> changeset, starting with the oldest. But it is completly
> imposible to do
> with the setup we have now.
>
> You are welcome to start up the BFAV and prove that I am wrong.

Yes.  The BFAV sucks :).  However some significant improvement is in the
works, namely loading the entire list of posts in a very lightweight
way.

Tim's post was right on.  Filtering posts that people don't want to look
at, grouping related posts, and presenting those groups effectively --
that is what _really_ needs to get done.

I would welcome help with implementing the AI-engine/Bayesian-filter
juju that Tim alluded to.