morphic construction question

Douglas McPherson djm1329 at san.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 14:01:25 UTC 2003

I am doing some simulation work on cellular (wireless)
telecommunication systems. I am trying to programmatically create a
Morph with the following properties:

A 'map' consisting of lattice of hexagons covering a 2-dimensional
area. Each hexagon represents a cell site, the area served by a
particular cellular base station. Each cellSite (hexagon) is further
subdivided into a number of identical angular Sectors - typically 3 or
6. I would like to be able to manipulate such a morph at either the map
level, the cellSite level, or the sector level with respect to
resizing, etc.

So far, I have created sectors using polygon morphs. By combining
sector morphs I can create  cellSite morphs, and by specifying a number
of appropriately positioned cellSites, I can create a map. However I am
not sure what kind of morphs the composites (cellSite and map) should
be.  I image that the container morphs contain a collection of
subMorphs - ie a Map containes several cellSite subMorphs, a cell site
contains several sectors, etc. Resizing a map should resize all
constituent cellSites, etc.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Douglas McPherson