OOPSLA

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Mon Oct 6 03:51:30 UTC 2003

Folks -

As thoughts turn toward OOPSLA, I thought it would be good to align our chaoic processes prior to the conference (10/27-30, more or less).

Who Will be There?
I don't know how to do this without clogging the mail list, but if you will send a message TO ME, then I will gather a list and make it known.  If someone thinks it appropriate, then put an attendance list on the SWIKI and send a link for people to sign up.  If this happens part way through, I'll put my list there.

Birds of a Feather Session
I had not seen any announcements regarding BoFs this year.  Since I was worried,  John Maloney wrote to Bjorn about it and Bjorn replied...
	-------
	As for the BoFs, hmm, I'll see why they are not mentioned.  They should be -
	 we have rooms scheduled, times allocated, etc.  We hope people will be
	having BoFs.  We're not going to allow them to be pre-scheduled (there was a
	problem with companies using them for sales pitches), but we will be having
	 them.  Let him know that BoFs are in.
	-------
We have never pre-scheduled, but usually we do decide when we want to have it, and some early bird posts it at registration time.  So, when to do it...  I think we have a tradition of doing it just after supper (ie 7:30-ish) the night before the "social event", unless it conflicts with something else we like.  I therefore propose 7:30pm on Tuesday, just for purposes of discussion.

Camp Smalltalk
Is there a plan to have one, and is there anything more to do in preparation?

Other Issues
Anything else to bring up in preparation for a probably significant gathering?

Looking forward to seeing you all there

	- Dan