[FIX][KCP] KCP-0102-extractVMFromSystDict ( [er] )

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Oct 6 10:01:34 UTC 2003

ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
[SNIP]
> ???????? slightly Do nit understand?????
> Hey guys
>
> slow down. I proposed different approaches to name and access the stuff
> extracted from
> SystemDictionary. This is the third time I do it because SmalltalkImage
> uniqueInstance
> was not practical, so I asked few people reply I spent time changing
> everthing to Squeak.
> Now I wait and as I have a lot of stuff to do this is not a problem
> except that if the stuff got broken
> I will be pissed of. But you are used to that ;)
>
> What daniel wanting to say is that they is a process and that voting
> does not count. I think that he is right

For the *second time* - I am fully aware of this. I am *not* voting. I
was merely *using the word to express my thoughts*.

Btw, IMHO (I repeat IMHO) changing central pieces like this really needs
some understanding with a harvester *before* doing the work so that you
don't run the risk of doing boring work multiple times. At least that is
how I would have done it.

> in the sense that we get flooded by email and bug fixes and
> improvements and that we should stick
> with this slim process, waiting for a better one.

I *am* sticking with the process!

Anyway - obviously you guys didn't appreciate my big foot into this, I
have communicated with Daniel and I have decided to not participate in
this particular area. Just so you understand - I was *merely* posting to
point out one single aspect regarding this naming issue (the porting
stuff). I did not intend to go through the whole problem because you
already have both Tim and Daniel engaged in this. Surely you three can
handle this all by yourself.

So I am out.

> Stef

regards, Göran