bug track with mantis?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 6 14:08:31 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> "Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > But maybe Goran is going to come up with some magic any day now.  :)
> >
> > -Lex
>
> Two things:
>
> 1. If we intend to use a "off the shelf"-non-Squeak bug tracker then I
> would gladly recommend Mantis. Julian Fitzell recommended it to me (he
> has done work on it, it is written in PHP) and we use it in one of our
> projects here at Bluefish. Very neat and simple. I have hacked Jitterbug
> earlier and used that - not as slick. Bugzilla is a big monster IMHO,
> not nice.

We can build our own tracker later, but right now we are in a sad state.
 Anything would be vastly superior.

If you think Mantis is good, maybe we should try it out!  Does anyone
else have any thoughts?  Perhaps the Squeakfoundation server can be used
for this?   For the DNS, either bugs.squeak.org or
bugs.squeakfoundation.org would be good names.

One thing that would be extremely nice is if we can have one bug log per
"project" (and I use the term loosely).  For example, Scamper's bugs
should not be mixed in with bugs in the Morphic kernel, ideally.  How
hard is it to add a new bug track on Mantis?  Perhaps we could have the
SqueakMap server automatically create the relevant areas whenever a new
project is added?

> 2. SM2 has the concept of resources attachable to SMObjects (packages,
> package releases, accounts etc) so whichever bug tracking device we use
> it will be easy to "integrate" with SM2.

Wonderful!

Lex