[BUG] 3.6gamma image default Tools flap containsFileListbutdefault preferences specify FileList2

Peter van Rooijen squeak at vanrooijen.com
Wed Oct 8 01:07:18 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Way" <dway at riskmetrics.com>
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 12:39 AM
Subject: Re: [BUG] 3.6gamma image default Tools flap
containsFileListbutdefault preferences specify FileList2

> Mark A. Schwenk wrote:
>
> > A nit:
> >
> > It seems that the default preferences for the 3.6gamma image are to
> > use FileList2, but the default Tools flap contains a FileList.
>

> Oops, I didn't see this message 'til now.  Ah well, 3.6 is already
> released.  But if I need to put together a new image to fix a more
> serious problem for some reason, I'll be sure to fix this too. :)

Doug,

Would incorrect variable binding be such a more serious problem? The shared
variable binding/lookup logic is broken (seems it has been for 7 years or
so) and I corrected it for 3.5 last week. Yesterday I saw that in 3.6 the
mechanism has been overhauled, but sure enough the error is still there. If
you think this might be serious enough to warrant a new build, let me know
and I'll make it a priority to get you a change set that fixes this for the
3.6 mechanism.

BTW, the fix involves 3 methods in 3.5 and should be a similar small number
in 3.6.

Cheers,

Peter van Rooijen
Amsterdam