[BUG] 3.6gamma image default Tools flap containsFileListbutdefault preferences specify FileList2

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Oct 8 04:34:45 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 09:07 PM, Peter van Rooijen wrote:

>> Oops, I didn't see this message 'til now.  Ah well, 3.6 is already
>> released.  But if I need to put together a new image to fix a more
>> serious problem for some reason, I'll be sure to fix this too. :)
>
> Doug,
>
> Would incorrect variable binding be such a more serious problem? The
> shared
> variable binding/lookup logic is broken (seems it has been for 7 years
> or
> so) and I corrected it for 3.5 last week. Yesterday I saw that in 3.6
> the
> mechanism has been overhauled, but sure enough the error is still
> there. If
> you think this might be serious enough to warrant a new build, let me
> know
> and I'll make it a priority to get you a change set that fixes this
> for the
> 3.6 mechanism.

Well, only a "major" bugfix would warrant changing 3.6 now, since the
3.6 release is now done.  Any bug which has been around for more than a
year or so can not really be considered a major bug, so no, we won't be
slipping that fix in now...

However, we should certainly consider the fix for 3.7alpha.  Have you
already submitted a [FIX]?

- Doug