Shared variables binding/lookup bug

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Wed Oct 8 14:36:43 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Of course it will "get in" - but not in 3.6! Because 3.6 was released
> yesterday.

> Come on now, nobody has said we ain't gonna fix it. But we can't
> perpetually keep fixing stuff because then we would never get to a
> release!
>
> If you submit a fix, it will get reviewed and harvested and quite
> shortly pushed out into the 3.7alpha stream.

So I take it we don't have a process for an update stream of critical
updates for the currently stable release as we did in days of yore?

This was a routine process under Squeak Central. Fixes would be applied
to the current alpha stream and then back ported as updates to the
stable image if the updates in question seemed worthy of the effort.

I'm not passing judgement on this particular update, but I think having
a process in place for critical updates to the current stable image is A
GOOD THING.

-Mark Schwenk
  WellThot Inc.