Idea: "Timeout" submissions?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 8 15:16:11 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> > In the short term, if we
> > simply change from emailing [BUG] reports and start using a web-based
> > bug tracker, we will immediately come out ahead of where we are now.
> You see, that's the thing I don't believe. I think we need to have a
> sketch of a process with people making decision that take bugs into
> account, and then find the tool to serve those people in making those
> decisions. If we don't know what value we want to get from the bug
> process, choosing a tool won't help.

The initial value is that bug reports will not be forgotten.  Isn't that
a clear improvement?  There won't be any cost once the server is up.  A
secondary advantage is that it's slightly easier to report bugs,
especially for people who aren't members of this mailing list.

As for processes, I think I answered that okay in my last message.  I
think we should keep it extremely light and flexible.

-Lex