[Special Report] 3.6 is out, now what? :-)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Oct 8 21:24:39 UTC 2003

Adam Spitz <adspitz at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > 6. Split out at least ... 3 (?) more packages from Basic.
>
> I hope we can do better than three. After installing the Cleanup package

I just put up a modest number. I like quantitative verifiable goals.
"some packages" just doesn't sound as good. :-)

> from SqueakMap, there are about 30 packages that have zero (or almost
> zero) external references. Here's the list:

Wow! That is cool! Didn't know that we had so many!

> Balloon-MMFlash
> Collections-SkipLists

Hmmm, why is SkipLists separate from the other Collections?

> FFI
> GeeMail
> Genie
> Morphic-Leds
> Morphic-Outliner
> Morphic-PDA
> Morphic-Postscript Canvases
> Morphic-Remote Hands
> Movies
> Nebraska
> Network-IRC Chat
> Network-MailSending
> Network-RFC822
> Network-TelNet WordNet
> Network-UUID
> ST80-Symbols
> Sound
> Speech
> Squeak-EToy-Download
> StarSqueak
> System-Serial Port
> Tools-ArchiveViewer
> Tools-Doc Library
> Tools-Explorer
> Tools-File Contents Browser
> Tools-Message Names
> Tools-Package Pane Browser
> Tools-Process Browser
> Tools-Time Profile Browser
>
> (Just in case you think I've done a lot of work here, I should mention
> that most of these packages were already untangled before I got to
> them. :)
>
> Anybody interested in being the maintainer of any of these packages?

That is indeed the question. I think we will just have to get the
packages assigned to Stewards without the ... idea that the person in
question should be an expert in the area. I would rather have a novice
acting responsible (keeping track of bugs, coordinating work etc) than
not having an expert. :-)

> Adam

regards, Göran