Shared variables binding/lookup bug

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Oct 9 08:01:48 UTC 2003

"Peter van Rooijen" <squeak at vanrooijen.com> wrote:
> From: <goran.krampe at bluefish.se>
> > Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:

> > > We have exactly the same mechanisms available. Why wouldn't we?
> >
> > Right, we can do things like that. It's just work. :-) But I thought a
> > *new release build* was requested. Anyway, this is silly - get the FIX
> > posted first - then we will do what seems best.
> >
> > But please check that this isn't already fixed with the new Compiler
> > etc.
>
> Goran, I just read something about licensing issues with "the new Compiler
> etc.". Does that mean it would likely still be useful to create a fix
> against 3.6? I'd be happy to do that ASAP if it seems to make sense. I might
> be able to do it tonight. I agree with you that there is a point at which it
> becomes silly to talk about how to handle virtual fixes :-).

The licensing issues with the new Compiler seems to be working out
(SmaCC was recently relicensed under MIT) - there are still the parse
nodes to think about etc. - there are other threads on this, see the
"Special Report"-thread.

Anyway, as Anthony just pointed out (see his post) - this bug is outside
of the new Compiler, so the FIX seems ok - just note Anthony's feedback.

> Cheers,
>
> Peter van Rooijen
> Amsterdam

regards, Göran