[BUG] SqueakMap 1.09 loading fails

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Oct 9 09:09:19 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> "Blaine Buxton" <blainebuxton at hotmail.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > It looks like a missing semicolor on line 75 of the SqueakMap1.09.cs file:
>
> Ah, damn. Fixing it!

That one is fixed now. Sorry that I forgot to test the darn load script.

> [SNIP]
> Hmmm, didn't test the load script apparently...
>
> > Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I want my 3.6 image to work...=)

Nope, I am at fault here. The next problem is that... Avi hasn't had
time to update the package "MCInstaller" according to my instructions.
That is the "proceed for truth"-problem. The load script currently
relies on that.

But you can safely just pass by it - the effect is that Monticello
doesn't get installed.

Hopefully Avi can fix this during the day - otherwise I will have to do
something... :-)

I also discovered that the old SM Package Loader doesn't work good
either. Darn, I thought it would. So we need Daniel to release the new
Package Loader too according to my instructions to him.

:-) :-) Be patient please, this should all get fixed during the day...
Sorry for the inconvenience.

> Well, you can get the new SM by simply upgrading SqueakMap Base
> (install) to 1.08.

Ok, now I am talking to myself :-), the above is not really true since
the old Package Loader still has problems.

regards, Göran

PS. If this got to be confusing, either please wait a few hours for
Daniel and Avi to get around fixing it (timezone problems) or... well.
1.09 is just a bug fix release - there is no hurry for you to upgrade to
it.