Idea: "Timeout" submissions?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Oct 9 14:46:11 UTC 2003

You know what? I'm convinced. Part of it is the recent posts where
people assumed responsibility over future packages - we need to make
that easy to do well. I also agree with the rest of things you said -
you did describe a process we actually do, as far as it goes :-)

So how/what do we integrate with the current process? I'm not sure "mail
bug to list" is very compatible with using a bug tracker. The current
tools don't help one look at the existing bugs.

The BFAV currently doesn't show bugs (before I referred to the BFA,
which does). Maybe if the BFAV does show bugs, and is included in the
basic image, it will already be much easier for people to see existing
issues. Of course the BFAV doesn't yet have any fancy bug-tracking
features, but it would be an incremental improvement.

Maybe someone else can propose a method of integration for the existing
process for some other tools, I'm not familiar with any.

Daniel