Package maintenance

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Oct 9 19:03:51 UTC 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, ducasse wrote:

> But just thinking about it as an end user. I want a browser with package
> and not naming conventions.

Yes, that would be good.  Actually Michael Rueger and I were talking
about this on IRC a while ago... it seems to me he was going to go away
and work some on a better package browser, but I assume he hasn't had
time.  Mike?

> I want to know which packages I changed when I programmed or refactored
> the system.

Yup, we basically need Roel's notification work for this.

> I want to have bundle/cluster that says ok all those change below
> together and I should load version 1.1 of x and 2.3 of z.

Yes, we need this.