[ENH] DeprecationRename-dew ( [cd][er] doug need to repost )

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Oct 10 02:32:36 UTC 2003

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 02:51 PM, ducasse at iam.unibe.ch wrote:

> your names are much better and I want to approve that but could you for
> now avoid to remove the old deprecation method and invoke the new
> ones. Else
> all our code here will break.
>
> So deprecate the old deprecate methods. I should have paied attention
> not to code when I'm dead and find good name first.

Yeah, you are right.  At first I thought it would be confusing to
deprecate the deprecate methods, but it does make sense to do that, to
avoid broken code.

I'll change the changeset so that it adds the new methods, and
deprecates (not removes) the old ones.  Plus I'll add some extra
comments at the beginning of the old ones just to avoid confusion.

- Doug