[ENH] Display := when pretty printing ( [sm][et][er][cd] [approved] )

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 10 19:12:05 UTC 2003

> And of course it is a hassle that there obviously is no arrow to the left in the
> fonts of today. (I assume)

No.  At the very least, symbol fonts for math usage have arrows in them.
 Also, Unicode has code positions designated as arrows.

	http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U27F0.pdf

So the pieces are floating around for us to do this "right".

And if we want a more hackish solution, then let's forget about Latin-1
*and* about Mac Roman.  Go back to the old font used on IBM PC's, which
indeed has arrows in it.  I think character 27 was the left arrow.  :)
I don't think it has too many accented vowels, but then again it also
has plenty of line-drawing characters.  That way when you log into a BBS
from Squeak the ASCII art will look excellent.

-Lex