PackageInfo ... where?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Oct 11 03:00:45 UTC 2003

On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 09:24 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Andreas Raab wrote:
>
>>> So there was never a chance to record this info.
>>> We could, of course, simply release a changeset to the
>>> update stream that creates whatever PackageInfo instances
>>> we want...
>>
>> I think we should do this and fix the affected installers not to throw
>> PackageInfo away.
>
> Ok, so which packages does Full actually include, and what format are
> they
> in?  Do we actually have PackageInfo data for them?

These are the additional packages (with a small "p" ;-) ) included with
3.6 Full:

Celeste, Games, VMMaker, Benchmarks, Scamper, Balloon3D.

Looking at SqueakMap, these are the formats:

Balloon3D - .sar
Benchmarks - .st
Celeste - .mcz
Games - .sar
Scamper - .sar
VMMaker - .sar

There are also these packages which are part of Basic:  PackageInfo,
SARInstaller, SMPackageLoader, SUnit, SqueakMapBase... some of these
could be PackageInfo packages too.  (except for PackageInfo itself, at
least)

- Doug